Girls’ Self Defence Project
Training as a self defence teacher
Criteria Ngā Paearu
- Are you passionate about the elimination of violence and abuse against women and girls?
- Can you establish a rapport with women & girls?
- Are you committed to equal rights?
- Do you have an analysis of power and control?
- Have you completed a women’s self defence course?
- Do you have facilitation and/or teaching skills?
- Are you physically competent and coordinated?
- Are you determined to make a difference?
- Do you have the time to commit to teaching self defence?
- Do you have a feminist analysis?
Our network runs training programmes for new self defence teachers. The training involves two residential programmes of 7–10 days each, followed by co-teaching and an accreditation process. This training usually takes about 18 months.
This training and work is specifically for women. Once trained, our self defence teachers work as self-employed contractors. If you are interested email us.
© WSDN | Site by DIY Publishing Ltd