Girls’ Self Defence Project
Training as a self defence teacher
Criteria Ngā Paearu
- Are you passionate about the elimination of violence and abuse against women and girls?
- Can you establish a rapport with women & girls?
- Are you committed to equal rights?
- Do you have an analysis of power and control?
- Have you completed a women’s self defence course?
- Do you have facilitation and/or teaching skills?
- Are you physically competent and coordinated?
- Are you determined to make a difference?
- Do you have the time to commit to teaching self defence?
- Do you have a feminist analysis?
We are currently starting a new round of teacher training. The process will be a mix of apprenticeship-style learning alongside an experienced teacher, two training hui and final evaluation.
Timeline for new teachers:
- June-August 15th - Accepting Expressions of Interest
- August: Interviews
- September 17th and 18th: Pre-apprenticeship Training Hui
- September-January: Apprenticeship period. You'll work alongside an experienced teacher in your area for up to 10 courses.
- January: Post Apprenticeship Training Hui
- February: Evaluation
© WSDN | Site by DIY Publishing Ltd