Girls’ Self Defence Project
- Look strong and confident.
- Trust your instincts — if it feels wrong it probably is.
- Don’t keep secrets that make you uncomfortable.
- If something feels wrong or yukky, tell a safe adult/someone you can trust to do something about it.
- Use your voice, you can yell out (to alert others/scare someone off) or to give a quick retort.
- Use strong eye contact.
- Walk away or run if you need to and go to a place where there are people.
- Don’t give away personal information eg on the phone/emails.
- Protect yourself and friends on sites like Facebook, Bebo and Myspace — only share your information with friends you have specifically asked to share with. Netsafe is a useful site to check out for tips on safety for young people.
- Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself safe.
- Enrol in a self defence class now!
© WSDN | Site by DIY Publishing Ltd